Molasses in January

At my place of residence, I have a lot of time to think about molasses in January when I endeavor to get on the great world wide web.

I was walking through the house the other day wearing three layers of clothing, a scarf, a knit cap, gloves, socks and slippers and my house mother asked, shocked "Are you going out?"

"No, I'm going to go check my e-mail."

The room really is that cold.

I'm not sure whether the cold contributes to the speed of the connection, but I do suspect that it affects the speed of my blood flow. After waiting ten minutes to load half a page of any of my four personal email accounts, I feel very sleepy and I come close to looking for a snow bank I can curl up in to get warm.

Fortunately, because the room has no comfortable place to curl up, I am saved from the danger of hypothermia.

If only I could get some molasses out of it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers