Thumb Drive

Today I sat down at my desk, the most knowledgeable about things pertaining to my department.

I'm surprised you weren't able to hear the scream evoked by that statement.

But perhaps that scream would be overshadowed by the scream resulting from the statement "I am responsible to train three new hires starting this week."

It really is too bad that people do not have USB ports. I could have collected all of the knowledge from my previous co-workers and just kept it on a thumb drive or (couple dozen), and then this week I could quickly plug them in and voila: a department up and running.

Needless to say, my faith in my ability to train is not a strong faith.

But perhaps I have unknowingly trained them in the most important things: all three brought me gifts this morning. I think I may work that into the training manual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers