Paperclip Chains


For my 30th post in 30 days, I am bringing up an old post just because I have nothing better to say. Besides, isn't it every woman's dream to stay 29? Thanks for my loyal readers for sticking with me for 30 days. Hopefully you will see some new posts again on this blog before my next vacation and/or birthday.

Periodically, when I need a paperclip, I reach into my handy box of paperclips and pull out one, only to find an entire chain of clips trailing behind.


I find this surprisingly irritating as it automatically impedes the normal rhythm of my day, as I must carefully unhook clip after clip. I couldn't understand who had the time or the necessary boredom to link the clips together and then the rudeness to leave them in the supply area where I occasionally went to grab another handful of clips.


I am too embarrassed to confess how long it was before I realized that it was who linked those clips together.
 Something about a phone call where I am concentrating on what a person is saying, yet not needing to take copious notes, brings out the paperclip-chaining in me.


I guess now I have only to figure out what activity I must do to bring out the paperclip-unchaining in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers