Adult

Sometime recently I became an adult. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I realized the other day that it has happened.

I call people twenty to fourty years older than me by their first name.

I calculate exactly how much money I am spending per mile I drive. (And calculating how much money I might save if I don't travel with traffic and stick to the "golden" 55mph that is supposed to give you peak mpg.)

College students rank high on my list of unfortunate roommate choices.

I make a note on my calendar for a meeting on "understanding health insurance benefits."

A package arrives containing a desk lamp and my peers all eagerly gather around to watch me unpack it and plug it in.

Comments

sarah marie said…
I'm feelin' it, too.

My summer roommate is a sophomore in college. All of a sudden she seems so *young*. How did I get so old, so fast?

Health insurance, what a headache.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers