The rumors are true

I'm leaving the Slow Lane.

After nearly two years of enjoying rows of bailed hay, commenting on strange fashion trends, experiencing the fine line of creepy/friendly of Going Greyhound, celebrating the cleaning of fridges, trying to make sense of a class cancelled on account of telenovela, and the many, many, strange, but true stories of life as a babysitter, I am leaving it all behind.

I am boldy going where I have never been before... to the classic 8-5 job.

Will my blog turn into some poor immitation of Dilbert?

May it never be!

But really, I can't spend too much energy worrying about what will become of my blog. My biggest worry right now is "What will I wear?"

After nearly two years of having my work clothes be a pair of jeans that hasn't gotten too much baby saliva (or other icky wet stuff) on it and a shirt that won't be ruined if some child uses it like a rope to climb up onto my back, I wonder if I can survive the halls of Normalworkdom.

Well, no, I wonder if my clothes will survive the halls of Normalworkdom.

The truth is that there are very few items of clothing that survived children hanging from them by their teeth; being used as a napkin, kleenex, and rag; worn through from the many washings; stains of every make and model, and none of them, I suppose, will do for the boardroom. Although, maybe, if I find enough butterfly patches, I can hide the fact that there is a big hole in my wardrobe.

Comments

Damian said…
What's the job???
sarah marie said…
congrats on the job, and I hope you enjoy it! What will you be doing?
Anonymous said…
Where will you be working?? Will you still be close enough to come help put invitations together? I was going to call you next week.

Wherever you are, many blessings and prayers for enjoying your new job!!!

Sylvia Biggs

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers