Multi-multi

At work I have one job title while working for two unrelated departments, five signatures for emails I send out (and counting), two ways of writing "e-mail", and even two names.

At any one point during the day I may need to be prepared to enter data, rewrite outdated policy, answer a caller who only speaks Spanish, talk a caller through an anxiety attack, keep track of the hours I give to each department, meet with one of my bosses to discuss the next level of training, figure out how best to answer a letter that brings up several unrelated topics, or figure out how to side step someone's question about what they can bring me and my husband when they show up and expect us to host them.

Yesterday, in training, the me in one department was told to forward letters of interest to the me in the other department.

Is it any wonder that after dumbly following a co-worker around the corner only to realize she had not asked me to accompany her that my only response was "Oh, I'm sorry. I have six things in the back of my mind and um... nothing in the front."

Comments

Unknown said…
when i was still in santa barbara, i realized at one point that i had 7 different email addresses. fortunately, life in portland is much simpler. here i only have 3, not counting myspace/friendster/flickr/blogger. sigh.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers