Paranoia

Sometimes I think that I hear my name behind corners and on the other side of cubicle walls.

And other times, I know for sure that people are talking about me, but I don't know why... you know, the phone call that comes for my boss asking how to contact me and then never getting contacted. Or, while I'm meeting in the HR office, they get a call asking for some information on me and they agree to talk with me about it later, and then I never hear from them. Or while in a meeting with someone else, they casually refer to notes they took in a meeting earlier that day that has my name scrawled along them.

Is it any wonder I've started peering around my cubicle wall to see who just said my name and what kind of look they had when they said it?

Seriously, talk about build up.

Well, today someone thought that perhaps they should check with me. It seems that just about everyone has decided that I am going to translate the bulk of our training manuals and brochures and other miscellaneous information into Spanish.

What no one seems to know, however, is whether this is going to take place on normal company time or if the budget can be stretched to pay me for additional hours.

I'm not quite sure which to hope for. With the list of things that has been put together so far, I can easily imagine it stretching into December.

Shall we put together a list now of people who won't mind me calling at odd hours of the day and night to ramble about sillas de ruedas and incapacidades?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers