My Walk

Provided that I drive the speed limit, my walk to work takes approximately 4 minutes longer than driving.

Yes, you can imagine how fast I can walk or how slow the speed limit is around my place.

Somedays I am just amazed at how many very cool things I get to see on my walk. Of course there are the snails and landscaped yards, but... and I can hardly believe it, there are actually still conejos in this Conejo Valley! Add fun little lizards and song birds of many different songs and colors, and you might just find yourself breaking into happy, glowing, marvelous thoughts on the beauty of nature.

But then, as I did, you might catch some unfamiliar sight and stop to examine it more closely. And then as you make out the faint traces of legs and fur and ears, disturbing images from the Discovery Channel help you remember that nature isn't just fluffy bunny rabbits, darting lizards, and melodious songbirds.

Comments

Chris said…
hmmph.

That must be nice for you. Walking to work in, what, 10 minutes?

Very fortunate for you that you don't have to walk something like 30 minutes both ways. That seems like it might prove difficult.

hmmph.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers