Playing Telephone

Yesterday one of the people I spoke to on the phone kept yelling at her husband to come to the phone so that he could take over the conversation and give me the critical information. He aparently was on the other telephone line and yelled back that he couldn't come right then.

This yelled interchange allowed me to pull the phone away from my ear and pay a little more attention to the sounds around me in the office... like the conversation my supervisor was having around the corner in her office.

...hm... funny thing. Both of us were talking to someone who had a son by the name of T___. What were the chances of two families with that name calling at the same time?

Well, I don't know what the chances are of that particular event happening, because as I am sure you suspect, it was the same family who had a son by that name. I put Mrs. on hold and ran over to shove a post-it in my supervisor's face and she put Mr. on hold as she and I put together our two sides of the story.

Maybe we should have just arranged a conference call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers