From This I Was Saved

My co-workers marvel at my memory, but I am horribly forgetful. Yes, I may recognize the hand-writing of a woman who I haven't heard from in seven months, but I'd forgotten to what extent I'd been saved from the terrors that are at the front desk. Of course I remember in general, but I confess, as time passed I've found myself wondering "It really wasn't that bad, was it? I'm a big girl, I've matured a lot. Surely, it wasn't such a big deal."

And then I had ten minutes to reacquaint myself with the many pressures that come with sitting at the reception desk.

And then a new surge of gratitude floods me as a person great in compassion takes over and lets me go back to the safety of my desk.

It's true... sometimes a taste of what you have been saved from is all you need to appreciate anew your liberation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers