The Anger of a Country

Sometime in the last month or two a writer from a central African country began writing. He alone contributed more emails to my inbox than spammers did. From the very first he assumed that all he had to do was ask for visas and partnership and we would roll out the red carpet and purchase six international plane tickets for him and his entire family.

On Monday he wrote from a new email address which included the name of my organization as his ID.

I crafted a firm response denying any and all future contact and demanded he stop using the new email account. And today he replied.

Apparently, he, along with his entire country (which shall rename nameless for the purposes of this post) are upset and he demands further encouragement.

It's a good thing I am only known by my one name. At least this way if I ever happen to have opportunity to travel to this country, I will not be barred from entering.

Comments

caedmonstia said…
I'm very sorry to hear that a whole country is mad at you. That sounds *very* serious! But the truth is, if you get your family behind you, you will have at least 3 countries to defend you, so maybe you don't have to worry so much. I've already talked to the citizens of Brazil, and they are rallying. I have a meeting with Lula in 5 minutes. Gotta run!

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers