Life

When I answered the call of the doorbell on my birthday, I met a man who within the first minute of conversation confessed he was a mortician.

I've never had a conversation start out that way and I am glad he rambled on, as it gave me time to realize he wasn't kidding.

He went on to say he had a recent career change which required him to come door to door seeking donations. I sincerely hope he finds his way to a career which has happier endings.

We ended up having a rather nice conversation, once I confessed that I don't give spur of the moment donations. And before he left he gave me a compliment I choose to count as a blessing. And I consider it all the more meaningful as it was the musings of a mortician on the subject of life.

Comments

caedmonstia said…
It's not a bad thing when the mortician comes to call, as long as you are on your feet and answering the door. Hey and what did the cheery guy have to say about you, inquiring minds want to know?
slowlane said…
He said that he could tell I had a personal relationship with Jesus. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers