August Hands

Back at the beginning of this month, I thought it would be fun to try and have one post per day, as some people are of the mind that August isn't special, and I wanted to do my little part to make others see more worth in August.

But then a few things happened.

I think I have gotten more attention this month than I have in a very long time. My image was emailed around the globe and then again it made the printed newsletter which goes into thousands of homes around the country. And people started joking with me about needing to insure my now-famous hands.

And yes, I had a birthday (apparently, I turned eight years old) (also, notice my hands are not showing in this picture... maybe it would have violated the conditions of my hand insurance?)

And I also spent some time considering how a change in appearance can go unnoticed. Only two or three people noticed the change in eye wear, and no one noticed my change in hair length, but one little change in appearance seems to have been noticed almost as widely as the emailed broadcast of my hands writing.

It all had to do with my, now more famous than ever, hands... and the little extra sparkle resting on my finger.

Comments

To WHOM????? Congratulations!! :)
Heather said…
Congratulation!!!! Do we get a story? :-D
caedmonstia said…
your sparkly finger is just to match the rest of you, which has been sparkling ever since you met SOS...

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers