Another Career Option

I think I may try writing lyrics for children's shows, if nothing else works out for me. I was greatly impressed by the creativity of lyrics for some of these shows, most especially "The Wiggles-they make me giggle!"

For those of you who have not had the opportunity to watch such high-quality performances, I have included some of my favorite song lyrics below. I'm sorry I am unable to convey to you the equally creative motions and score.

HOT POTATO
Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato (x4)
Cold spaghetti, cold spaghetti, cold spaghetti (x4)
Mashed banana, mashed banana, mashed banana (x4)
Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato (x4)

ROLLING DOWN THE SAND HILL
Rolling down the sand hill (x8)
Running up the sand hill (x8)

FRUIT SALAD, YUMMY, YUMMY
Fruit salad, yummy, yummy (x8)

THE FLOWER SONG
And the flowers were yellow
bapadapa
and blue
bapadapa
and red
bapadapa
and purple, too.
(repeat 14 times)

bridge:
Yellow! and Blue! and Red! and Purple! (x3)

I know that now you are equally impressed.

Comments

caedmonstia said…
Do you remember Steve from Blue's Clues? Now there's an adorable little guy. I heard they replaced him with some other dude who couldn't possibly be as good, so I don't watch Blue's Clues anymore.

But if you write children's lyrics, I suggest a latin-retro theme. Bring back some of the old favorites, like "Mambú se sfue a la guerra" or "Yo tenía diez perritos, uno se calló en la nieve, yá no tengo sino nueve, nueve nueve nueve, etc."

Or how about Caedmon's favorite song to sing around the house, a song that all Brazilian children learn:

I threw a stick at the cat, cat, cat
But the cat, cat, cat
Didn't die, die, die.
No matter how I hit, hit, hit,
He just said "miaow, miaow, miaow."

I don't think Caedmon actually understands the song, and for a long time, he only knew one part of it, and went around the house singing, "die die die, die die die".

Enough of these feel-good lyrics I say, who wants to sing about rolling down a hill when there's dying and violence happening in the world.
slowlane said…
I want to know why it is that while we have exited the violent songs and bed time stories for children we still have the violent games. Why on earth do we still have dodge ball and red rover, red rover?

I wish I had known about the rights of protesters who arrange peaceful sit-ins when I was a child. Several times I tried to protest such horrible games and it all came to naught.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers