Calling all of my inventor readers

For those of you who live to invent some new contraption that will catch mice better than ever, I have a brilliant idea I will offer you free of charge.

You know those tabs on trashcans that allow you to open them by just stepping on the tab?

Why on earth has no one invented something similar for opening doors?

Think about all of the wonderful uses:
On the refridgerator door for when you need to put a large casserole dish away.
On the door to the nursery when you are carrying a sleeping child you don't want to disturb.
On the front door when you need to carry in two armloads of groceries.

Not only would this invention limit the waste of energy (Mom said never to leave the door open) but it would also save your elbows, hips, and everything else you use on occasion to try and open a door.

Hey, if someone has invented dish soap with hand moisturizers, how come no one has figured out this much more necessary invention?

Comments

serapio said…
I believe you've found your calling. You need to start a company that makes door opener pedals. They'd probably sell like hotcakes. (However it is that hotcakes sell.)
Anonymous said…
Dear Slow Lane,
I am disappointed. I thought you were really going to tell us how to get rid of mice!

Seriously, Elena, mother-of-twins, suggested that if I'd like to read something fun I should check out your blog. Indeed, it is fun!

May the Lord bless and guide!
Elena's mom (remember me from her wedding)
Anonymous said…
Those pedal things are great, but sometimes they break. I have one in my bathroom. Where I live we throw our poopy toilet paper in the trashcan instead of in the toilet, so I like trashcans that you don't have to touch with your hands. But sometimes they break. Then it is bad, and you have to use your hands.

So, when you invent the one for the refrigerator door, make it stronger. Although it's not as bad if it breaks because usually the refrigerator doesn't have poop on it, even if you do have to touch it to open it.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers