Ode to Kitty-cat

Oh kitty cat upon my chin
Please do not bite my nose
I know it doesn't look like yours,
but that is how it grows!

Oh kitty cat between my feet
You cuddle as you please
The only thing that makes you stop
Is your cozy batch of fleas

Oh kitty cat up by my ear
you lick my forhead clean
You sprawl across my open mouth
and sit upon my spleen.

Oh kitty cat upon my ribs
you soften up my bones
you knead and turn and knead some more
and infringe on no claw zones

Oh kitty cat oh kitty cat
I hear you purr and meow
You do it soft and do it loud
you want to teach me how

But kitty cat, Oh kitty cat,
I really thought you knew
I love you dearly, but its true
I'm not a cat like you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was inspired by your cat poem.

So I decided to write one about my turtle. I am having a little trouble making it rhyme, but I'll share with you what I have so far:

Oh turtle, fair turtle,
You poop under the refrigerator.
Why do you do that
When it makes it hard to clean-up-later?


***

What do you think, is that a good start?
slowlane said…
That is an excellent start, good originality and creative search for rhymes.

However, maybe you should try for an easier rhyme like something like this:

Oh turtle, fair turtle
You poop beneath the fridge
I cannot reach to clean it out,
There's enough to build a bridge.

or maybe

Oh turtle, fair turtle
Why not bury your excrement?
Instead you keep it near your home
To ev'rybody's detriment.

or perhaps

Oh turtle, fair turtle
You just don't understand
You carefully leave piles of poop
Where I can't reach with my hand.

or even

Oh turtle, fair turtle
Can I get you a diaper?
You don't seem potty trained
So the fridge is smelling riper.

But caedmonstia, I'd love to read the rest of your ode when you finish.
serapio said…
Mmm. Excellent both of you, except you obviously didn't receive proper training in how a poem should be written. When you write a poem about a turtle, that is the word that has to rhyme:

There once beneath the fridge lived a turtle
Whose poop made the floor rather fertile
He guarded his soil
And after much toil
He grew in his garden a myrtle
slowlane said…
I do like the idea of rhyming with turtle, plus it allowed you to speak of garden dreams.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers