Generation Gap

Depending on who you ask, I am technically part of the same generation as most of the children I come into contact with during the week.

But sometimes, their point of view hits me over the head and leaves me stunned.

Several times in the past month, we will be starting a Bible story and one of the kids will pipe up "I know this story already, I watched the movie."

Oh, well then, I guess we can move on.

But wait. THE movie? Now which movie, exactly, might that be? Are we talking "The Ten Commandments," "The Prince of Egypt," "The Passion of the Christ," "Judas Iscariot," "Jesus," a movie put out by Hollywood, a movie put out by some weirdo somewhere, or a movie put out by someone who tried to keep the movie closely based on the Book? Exactly how much mis-education might we have to undo?

But no, they know how the story goes, because they SAW the story, they just aren't reading about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers