At the tip of my fingers

If I knew all of the answers to the questions I am asked, I would have to hire someone just to carry my head around.

But even though I know that there is no possible way that I know all of the answers, and even though the person contacting me would say there is no possible way that I know all of the answers, there is still a weighty expectation.

Rehabilitation centers in Asia. Homeless shelters in Southern California. The name of a woman who called me four months ago. And the cell phone number of someone I never had contact with.

That was just this afternoon.

But with my hi-tech friends Google, Freetranslation.com, and Zabasearch; my old-fashioned friends Dictation Pad, Filing Cabinet, and Exploding 3-ring Binder; my company-issued
friends Database, Outlook Files, and Boss: I feel that any answer should be at the tip of my fingers.

I just wish that I could find which fingers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers