The Good Search

Several weeks ago at work, I switched from using Google as my first line of search to Good Search. I ran across an organization that I wanted to support, but never would actually give money to, and decided to donate my searches to their noble work.

But truth be known, I've grown accustomed to the way that Google organizes its results, and so when, after a couple of tries to verify an address, Good Search wasn't doing it for me, I brought up the Google page.

And boy did I feel like they had discovered my traitorous ways. They had created a logo just for people who switched to another search engine! (It took me awhile to realize what occasion they were celebrating.)

It didn't help that the next day my Google search still brought up the screaming logo, and my neighbor's search brought up the classic four color logo.

And now, a dilemma... when I need to search online, I type "g" and Good Search always fills the browser window, since it comes alphabetically before Google. And ease of use shouldn't keep me from donating a couple of seconds for the sake of a good cause, right?

Yet every time I visit Google, a little message pops up, ordering me to add their search window to my browser window.

I can't handle the pressure!

But the worst of it is the language change. Is it possible for me to google something using Good Search? And if I am getting a wee bit too nosey about whether the return address on a letter actually belongs to a prison or mental hospital, am I allowed to use Good Search?

I say, it nearly makes me want to scream.

Comments

Matthew Carroll said…
Eesh. Try tossing your cookies...
I mean, deleting your cookies.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers