Revisionist History

The first sentences of my blog posts are alarmingly boring.

I realized this after stealing another idea from blogs I read for post ideas. I intended to see if taking the first sentence in the first blog post of each month would make a suitable entry, such as here or here, but I fell asleep -- mine was so boring.

So I decided to take the last sentence in the first blog post of each month. Would you believe that those sentences combined makes almost as much sense as my usual posts? Frightening, but observe:


I guess I have some bad habits that I need to cure in a hurry. Oh, the horrors. But I can just imagine the truth behind Chicken Little's tale... one too many dryer sheets. It also proved to be a most opportune time to get lost on the way to the bathroom. But I don't regret not correcting the giver's assumption, because a queen size bedspread and matching pillow cases from Pakistan is a thousand times better than a proposal from Pakistan.

Yes, being able to turn on a light at the flip of the switch is wonderful, but I'm hoping that I don't trip on the criss-crossing cords once I've turned it off. I say, at least I don't have any bruises from over eager shoppers with out-of-control shopping carts. Some days I ask for a hedge like Job's. Because, in case you didn't know, perishables have a tendency to perish if they don't fit into the fridge.

The first day of Summer was celebrated by getting soaked from the garden hose, playing in the mud, and spilling lemonade all over. Said I "Forgive me, Mr. Caterpillar." By the afternoon of the first, not even the dog stirred when there was another round of firecrackers.

Comments

ROTFL!! This is a perfect example of why I read your blog. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers