Walk a mile in my shoes

Several years ago, a friend convinced me to spend twice as much as I was comfortable with on a pair of sandals. She reasoned that with the way I wore shoes, it was worth it.

She was right.

I've worn those shoes every day possible since I purchased them. They went with me chasing after kids and dogs, they took me on mile after mile after mile of walks, I wore them to church and to work and to play. I used them to climb on reefs in Brazil, to tour the cruise ship on the Mediterranean, to walk to the amazing store that sold everything while in China. They carried me to each of the four hemispheres and back again.

But, as with all things made by humankind, their time is coming to an end. And so with many deep breaths and mental preparation, I set out to find myself a replacement pair.

And therein lies my great dilemma. As the internet is such a useful tool, I first searched there for where I might find twins for my worn out heroes. And woe upon woe! I come to find out that my multi-tasking shoes are sold by women who all have had their nightmares come true about appearing in public having forgotten to get dressed.

Maybe my shoes will hold out long enough for these women to wake up and end the nightmare.

Comments

sarah marie said…
Haha, wow! What kind of shoes are they?
slowlane said…
They are Reef flip-flops.

*sigh* Maybe if the rest of the world still called them flip-flops they would see how ridiculous it is to use swimsuit models (These women may have actually been wearing swimsuits (although in this case they could not be called "suits") but I didn't stick around long enough to doublecheck) in their marketing.
Matthew Carroll said…
Kinda like the time I wanted to buy a neck tie with a Brazilian flag on it.

It turns out Brazilian men have no use for anything that goes around their necks, and my Internet search brought nothing but ladies' swim wear.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers