Time (Part 1)

Today I was given one of the most valuable gifts in the world: Time.

(Is it a coincidence that my watch stopped working two days ago?)

But today, oh blessed of days, I was told that the next day of work was not until Wednesday.

I get four Saturdays this week!

Time is an odd specimen. Greater minds than mine have spent considerable effort discussing it. And time is one of those topics of conversation that everyone feels the need to remark on frequently and yet rarely appreciates someone else remarking on it. But if you will humor me this one post, then I will do my best to not bring up this topic for a long time. (But notice that I named this "Part 1" just in case I do decide to torment you further.)

Today the organization I work for said good-bye to the home it has known for the last twenty-one years. That is nearly the entirety of how long this organization has existed, and an even greater percentage of my own lifetime.

My 1600 hours in the cubicle of prime location (that I arrived at by walking past the fountain of flowers in poor location) is only a splash in the bucket of time, and yet I wonder how long it will be before the sterile building on the hill will be mine in the same way that this other grew to be.

But even as I cringe thinking about how long it might be, I am ever so glad for these few days added on at the beginning.

Besides, these extra few days will allow more time for the paint fumes to dissipate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers