Fame

Many times in life I have been exceedingly glad that I am not famous. For as much as I have considered this truth throughout my life, I have had even more time to be glad of this fact since starting my current job.

And filling in at the reception desk has cemented this even further.

In letters you may get a boy from Ghana announcing that he has taken the Founder as his mother, and as such, he would like to exchange cards, bank numbers, and greetings. In that order.

At the reception desk you get a caller that insists on speaking to her NOW.

And thus begins a treacherous dance of words. How to keep the caller from feeling slighted without fudging the truth?

I suddenly understand the disciples trying to keep the children away from Jesus' feet.

And a boat to cross the Sea sounds really nice right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers