Public Privacy

Everyone in my department has a cubicle. That means that even the manager lacks an office with a door. As anyone can tell you, there are some things in a company that not everyone needs to know.

Thus the hunt for a room to borrow begins.

The main portion of my office building is shaped like an "L". On either end there is a room that can sometimes be borrowed. But as you walk down the hallway to see if the room is available, 3/4 of the company knows that you are searching for some room for "a talk".

Of course it doesn't help that the room has filing cabinets that need to be accessed.

And the employee refrigerator and microwave.

And the thermastat that goes crazy as soon as you shut the door.

Yep. Nothing like some public privacy.

The good news is that I passed my 90 days of probationary employment and they still want me to work here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers