The Age of Reason

Several months ago I was in a group of women who were all 7 to 60 years older than me. They were discussing how the last thing to mature in a child's brain is the part that helps them to reason. It doesn't mature until 25, so that is why children do such stupid things.

I wasn't sure whether I should be offended that they were having this discussion in front of me or flattered that they momentarily forgot that I was not yet 25.


The other day my roommate was telling me about something dumb she did and ended the story by saying "You know how we did stupid things when we were young." No matter that she was probably 7 years older than I am now when this particular story took place.

It's hard to live up to such astounding expectations, but at least I now know how to explain away anything less than brilliance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers