Nightmarish

Yesterday the me from the first department wrote a lovely letter to the boss of the me in the second department. He called the first me back and said it was a wonderful idea and would the second me write a letter for him to address this issue?

The second me is going to get upset at the first me for making her more work.

That is bad enough, but today a third me showed up!

She was sitting at the reception desk and a man called from Ecuador. He wasn't interested in using his Spanish, he wanted to talk in English and he wanted to speak to the Founder. So she put him through to the Founder's assistant. And then she could hear through the wall "...let me put you through to someone who can speak Spanish..."

Now, all of you gentle readers are very intelligent, and of course you know what this means.

I left the reception desk in the capable control of the woman training me and raced around the corner to my desk, just in time to answer

"Hello, thank you for calling, how may I help you?"

Comments

Matthew Carroll said…
Sounds like you've made yourself indispensable. When do you start collecting three salaries?
slowlane said…
No three salaries, but we will be accepting birthday presents for each of us.
Matthew Carroll said…
Two are on their way. If I had known about the third you, I could have gotten you another coconut monkey head.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers