"Do you happen to know anyone who house-sits?" "Um... well, um... I guess technically, um... I do... ButItrynottoletpeopleknow." "Oh, well, would you consider house-sitting for me? I paid two hundred dollars to put my dogs in a kennel over the weekend and they came back dirty and sick." "Um..." "The little puppy was sick." Folks, how can you say no when saying no means a puppy might get sick? I keep telling myself I am not going to say yes as many times as I did last summer. Last summer I needed a place to live, this summer I don't. Yet already I have eight assignments I couldn't say "no" to. Those big, sad, puppy dog eyes... and I haven't even seen the puppy yet.
Comments
I think it might be more effort than it was worth, but that is just my guess. It would be better to sneak into a hotel and use their hottub.
love,
jason mulgrew
internet quasi-celebrity
H = m_1 c ∆T_1 = m_2 c ∆T_2
m_1 = lots
∆T_1 = 15 degrees F
∆T_2 = 212-70 = 142 degrees F
m_2 = lots/10 (approximately)
So you have to drain about one tenth of the pool and replace it with boiling water.
Now, if you could heat it by pumping steam into the bottom, then that would be different, because you'd have all that heat of vaporization to help.
See, those high school chem problems actually are useful in real life.