Music

The problem with spending the majority of a 24 hour period in a class on music for children is that you then spend the next 24 hours trying to find some respite from the annoying tunes running through your brain.

Which is why when I learned that Sarah tagged me, I thought it rather unfortunate that the songs I've been listening to are all rather annoying... The Hokey Pokey, Little Bunny Foo Foo, Five Little Pumpkins, I'm Squishing Up My Baby Bumble Bee; plus the typical songs which are a part of my job hazards: Barney (I love you, you love me, we're a happy family), The Wiggles (Rolling down the sand hill, ooh, ah, wee!), and "Twinkle, Twinkle E F G"; plus the techno-australian-pop-jazz that plays during my art class.

It is enough to make me want to run a Q-tip through my ears. (Or at least to share enough of the songs with other people that I am not the only one suffering. Should I have put a content warning on this post?)

But with a little bit of work, I realized that I have listened to music recently that I enjoyed. And so, without further complaints:

1) Mi Carro Ford A fun Spanish kids' song where you start with a Ford that doesn't have a transmission and since it won't work, you take out the espejo and put in a conejo or you take out the windshield wipers and put in dirty diapers.

2) Shalom Chavarim a simple Hebrew song that is fun to sing.

3) Easy Winner by Joplin

4) It Is Well (With My Soul)

And

5) a collection of songs from the 40's.


Now I'd like to know what five songs elbereth elentari, Elena, Chris, and lasselanta are listening to and enjoying. (I wouldn't mind knowing what they are listening to and not enjoying, too.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers