"Do you happen to know anyone who house-sits?" "Um... well, um... I guess technically, um... I do... ButItrynottoletpeopleknow." "Oh, well, would you consider house-sitting for me? I paid two hundred dollars to put my dogs in a kennel over the weekend and they came back dirty and sick." "Um..." "The little puppy was sick." Folks, how can you say no when saying no means a puppy might get sick? I keep telling myself I am not going to say yes as many times as I did last summer. Last summer I needed a place to live, this summer I don't. Yet already I have eight assignments I couldn't say "no" to. Those big, sad, puppy dog eyes... and I haven't even seen the puppy yet.
Comments
It's a win win situation (for me, not for them).
And hey, slowlane, when are you coming to San Diego?
San Diego is so far away. It is on the other side of the black hole they call Los Angeles. Maybe it would be easier to get there if I came at it from a different direction. I'll think about flying to Mexico and then driving North.