The ship flies at midnight.

I have begun to wonder if I have been mistaken for some secret agent or other underground persona. I feel as if I have been told secret information in code only I don't have the key to figure it out.

There is a woman in my sewing class who mumbles things to me nearly every day. Over the sound of my sewing machine, I hardly even notice she is talking to me, so when I realize she is looking at me, waiting for a response, I say

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"*mumble, mumble, mumble* grandmother *mumble, mumble* alive."

"I'm sorry, I still didn't hear you. What did you say?"

"I said, I think my grandmother's heart was burried alive."

Now I am fairly certain I got all of the words, but I have no idea what she means.

"What?!?"

"I think my grandmother's heart was burried alive."

"I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean."

"Don't worry, you'll understand later," she tells me, as if I am just starting on my journey to enlightenment.

At this point I'm not sure whether to worry that I never will understand or worry that someday I will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers