Help

During the summer of 2003 I had one day off.

I spent it defrosting the wall air conditioning unit. By the next day it had frozen again, and the day after that we were asked to change rooms.

While I had hoped that prying the ice off of the coils would leave me a lasting feeling of accomplishment (as well as diminish the amount of water that dripped continuously, leaving my half of the room soggy) what left me feeling most accomplished was a) I was able to put the unit back together again and b) I had a band-aid on hand for when I sliced my fingers on the coils.

Needless to say, no one received a post card detailing my day's activities.

As I come to the end of another similarly spent vacation (more accomplishment in this one, though, I hope... no band-aids on my fingers, only "Clear Day" paint) I am reminded of the tradition of co-workers bringing back a little lembrancinha from their vacation. I have received a sea anemone key chain, a matching pen and nail file with pineapples, a bag of salt water taffy, and a hand-woven basket.

And frankly, I am fresh out of ideas as to what I can give in return. Unless you think they might appreciate a paint stirrer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers