Narrated By

Sometimes I am almost positive that I overhear the narrator of the great screen play that is my life.

I was on the phone, trying to not dash the hopes of a caller about an incredible new idea he wanted to market (which has already been done a million times over) and I gently chided him saying, "Well, you know what they say... there's nothing new under the sun."

And then the narrator said "She gently chided."

Really, if someone is going to narrate my life, can't they at least stay away from cliches and tired sayings?

I mean, really. "Gently Chided"?

But on the other hand, maybe the narrator had to pop in at that point because the audience was having some trouble believing that I was actually chiding gently.

Because that is how it is, a lot of times, the narrator has to stick her head in to help the audience know what is going on. For in this instance, the audience probably fully expected me to respond "Where on earth have you been hiding that you haven't heard about the bazillion times this has already been done?"

Yeah, maybe it was a good thing that my narrator was there to help it make it more believable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers