I am glad

I am glad that I am not writing a large cookbook on baking cakes and so must bake at least one cake a day and sample it to see whether it needs improving. I think after two days I would be dangerously close to not wanting to see a cake for a good many years. Besides, I don't think I could ever just manage to do what the ice cream tasters do and only taste and not swallow. Something about sampling cake and then spitting it back out would end my desire to take a bite of anything.

But I suppose doing that method with cake would be better than, say, doing the same with casseroles.

Comments

serapio said…
You know what? I think I am also glad I don't have to bake a cake a day, but that never would have occurred to me if you hadn't mentioned it. Thankyou for making my day a little gladder.
caedmonstia said…
The non-violence book I am reading says that one of the reasons we stop being creative and hopeful, and resort more and more to violence, is that we fill our minds with negative information and attitudes about the world (we are aided in this by the media). So to be more peaceful, we have to stop filtering out the positive aspects of the world.

For instance, up until today, I had never considered the positive fact that I do not have to bake a cake a day. A very positive fact indeed, which I have been ignoring. Slowlane has made me a more peaceful person.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers