Sleep Alerts

About a year ago I signed up to receive weekly sleep alert bulletins from the National Sleep Foundation. And about once a week, as I check my email and see the NSF alert waiting for me I think "I should unsubscribe." But then I read it and there is always one thing in it that just makes me very glad that I read it and I wish I could copy it and send it to everyone who I ever knew. But then I realize that then people would probably wish that they could unsubscribe from getting my emails. So instead I will try and limit the cool news to just this small little space on my blog. Here it is:

Sleep is good for you! If you get enough sleep you will be happy, healthy, and in a good mood! The test participants (healthy college students) went from saying they needed about 7 hours nightly to over 8 hours nightly after participating in the study.

So this is my conclusion: Get lots of sleep! Get saturated on sleep! And then keep it up!

Comments

caedmonstia said…
Well, I'm always for getting enough sleep. However, I think that the NSF should think of another name for it's bulletins. Because "Alert", in my opinion, is not compatible with "Sleep". Happy Sleep Songs would be a good name. Important Lullabye would be fine. But "Sleep Alert"? Don't we have enough people out there trying to inspire fear in us without trying to get people alarmed about sleep? Hmmmm...
slowlane said…
Well, the name is actually NSF Alert.
But I think it could be appropriately named if they are thinking that if you pay attention to what they have to say then you will be alert.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers