Officially Me

I am very excited. Today I have officially entered the business world.

How have I done that? you ask.

I purchased myself not one, but TWO address stamps (the kind that inks itself). And today I got them in the mail.

Now perhaps you wonder why something as small as an address stamp proves that I am now part of the business world. But let me tell you that it signifies how important I am in that it is proof that I have to write my address lots and lots of times. Every time I use that address stamp instead of hand writing my address or using one of those freeby return address labels people sometimes send out, I am proclaiming to the world "This woman is so important that she should not waste her time and hand strength on something so trivial as an address." And obviously, anyone whose time is so valuable must be part of the working world.

I think the next step is writing myself pay checks from my checking account.

Comments

caedmonstia said…
I am interested in knowing about the advantages of having more than one self-inking address stamp. Is that so you can address two paycheck-envelopes to yourself at once? I guess that's efficient.
slowlane said…
I can use one in each hand.

Actually, one has more information than the other, allowing one to be used on the actual envelopes and one to be used on all the important papers inside. That way, if I have any questions about my pay check, I can call or email myself based on the address printed inside.
Matthew Carroll said…
But before you start writing paychecks to yourself, don't you have to have income? If you can figure out how to get around that, please let me know.
slowlane said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
slowlane said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
slowlane said…
No, no. All that is required is that I remember to never write myself a check for more than I have in my checking account. If I keep that in mind, I can write myself an infinite number of checks, until I use up all of my money buying new checks.

*Please note that the previous two deleted posts are due to a computer spasm and not me deciding to edit myself.*
Matthew Carroll said…
I thought maybe you were editing yourself to keep you new business model from the Feds.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers