My House

The room I rent is nine feet wide and ten feet long. This, of course, makes for some interesting dynamics.

For instance, if my recliner is even partially reclined, the door cannot open.

When the blinds are open, I can't use the printer.

If I forget to move my computer before I sit in the recliner, it topples to the floor.

When my fan is on, I can't open my dresser drawers.

If I forget to cover my mouth when I sneeze, what with the velocity of a sneeze and the reflective properties of semi-glossed walls, I can catch my own cold before I've finished sneezing.

But when I can't close my door without tucking my trash bag in such a way that it won't interfere with my bath towel drying in a position that won't put stress on my computer's power cord which is, itself, placed so that the iron and blow drier won't impede it's mobility and I trace the carefully reasoned placement of each item all the way around the room... I just give thanks that there is a door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers