Shower Games

Go to any Bridal Shower or Baby Shower where the programme includes several games, and you will probably be able to find the semi-silent conclave of women refusing to participate in the shower games.

Well maybe there isn't such a group at every shower, just every shower I've ever been to.

You can make what conclusions about that as you will.

One of the games at last night's Bridal shower was "Pin the kiss on the groom-to-be". It was not the groom-to-be in person, just in photograph, but the kiss was not just a paper kiss... it was in person.

The guests were supposed to apply lipstick, take the blind fold and a generous spin, and smack the picture -- in order of their birth date.

I have never seen so many women under the age of 29 forget when they were born.

It also proved to be a most opportune time to get lost on the way to the bathroom.

Comments

Well, some of us considered the game to be inappropriate.

I found it interesting to watch how the different women chose to handle the issue.
A) get lost going to the bathroom
B) forget their birthday
C) plead extenuating circumstances
D) decide to be "good sports" even though uncomfortable.

All those different personalities needing to make an on the spot decision...makes for good people-watching. :)
Linds said…
That's just about the funniest game I've ever heard of -- and yet another reason why I feel so immensely blessed that my dear bridesmaids constructed a game that I would truly enjoy for my shower: betting on the Kentucky Derby. :)
Matthew Carroll said…
Makes me glad I never attend attend showers.
slowlane said…
I had originally planned to come up with some extenuating circumstances to plead, but after seeing how you fared, and realizing that I didn't have half as many extenuating circumstances as you did, I decided to get lost on my way to the bathroom.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone of Help

The Crazy Market

The Right Trousers